Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Wedding Fun! | Wedding Trivia | Wedding Traditions

 
Since I spend most of my days, weeks and months working on weddings, I thought a fun thing to do from time to time was talk about wedding traditions, trivia and folklore.  Why not! It's always interesting to learn about the origins, sometimes pretty funky, of our most important traditions. So I'm calling it Wedding Fun on my blog! :D
 
My first post on Wedding Fun is about that dress! That gorgeous white beautiful dress!  But did you know that before the 19th century women wore any color.  It was the tradition to wear the best dress you own, any color, with furs, silks and velvet to impress the groom and his family. It wasn't until Queen Victoria's wedding in 1840 who wore a pale white gown with orange blossoms.  Apparently it was on  TMZ  and became all the rage! ;D  Now white dresses are the norm symbolizing purity and beauty.  I once had a bride wear a white dress with red rhinstones, and occassionally I'll have bride w with a colored sash, and bold colored shoes have really been a hit lately.  Way to think out of the box ladies!!! :D 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment